The quarterly the Polish Cartographical Review has been jointly published since 1969 by the Polish Geographical Society (PTG). It is the successor of the one of the oldest cartographic periodical of the same title which was being published over the period of 1923-1935 and edited by Prof. E. Romer in Lwów. It is the only periodical of its kind in the post-communist countries.
The Polish Cartographical Review covers a wide range of problems in cartography: theory of cartography, geographical information science, design, visualization, editing and reproduction of maps as well as history of cartography. In each issue there are sections on: articles, notes, reviews, editorial news (maps and atlases, cartographic literature) and reports on current cartographical events. All papers also have their summaries in English.
Polish Cartographical Review, Warszawa 1969 - 2009